Monday, October 26, 2009

So much to talk about!

Hey Everyone. I´m not doing so well staying up with this blog. Sorry about that.
So let me start where I think I left off.
To make this efficient, I think that I will post a picture and then write a little about it.

Indepence Day. September 18th


So these are some pictures from Dia de Indepencencia. It was fantastic! The whole family went to my dad´s house in Vicuña. The family from my mom´s side and my dad´s. We all ate out in the cabana that he has for big parties. There is always a barbaque and tons of food. Also, everywhere you go, you hear the Cueca. There is a picture of me and my Dad dancing it. I wasn´t very good but I thought it was pretty good for about a month in Chile. :) On the 18th, all you see is Red, Blue, and White. On my street, every house had a flag hanging from their balcony. Food, Family, Dancing are the main things of Independence day. It was so much fun.

School and Friends



BEACH!! We love to go to the beach. This is Leni (glasses) and Cami. They are probably my closes friends. They are totally bakan (cool) and i love them. They are always there to help me and help me with my spanish. School is going great. There is a slight problem with my Bio teacher but I´m working on that. I love choir and I think that my teacher think I´m good, which is surprising because I always thought that I wasn´t that great at singing, surprise surprise. Oh, and in English class, we had an interview to do. I did mine in spanish! It was great. I think that I got a 7 (perfect) but I have yet to find out. ;)

Chilean Wedding Millitary Style

This was the most amazing wedding that I had ever gone to. First of all, it was Chilean, second of all, it was military. Let me start you off with some differences:
Bride and Grooms parents sit up the ulter
no bridesmaids
a lot of sitting, and standing
(militar part)
swords
uniforms
metals
The whole thing was amazing. I loved the part where they get to walk through the liftd swords. It was fantastic. Then the after party was even more amazing. It was like a wedding from a magazine. It was in this amazing room with candle lit chandeliers, flowers in every direction you look, and a little candy cart with every kind of candy you could imagine! There were 2 tables full of delicious desserts and fruits. The music was great, and the food was amazing, like something you would see made on TV. Later in the night, there was a small parade, with drummers, dancers, people on stilts, and glow sticks and silly hats were handed out. We didnt get home till about 6 in the morning. My mom was one of the last dancing people on the floor. She does love to dance.
So I think that I´m going to stop here. It took me a while to get this post down, I´m sorry about that. It hink I´m going to write about when new and exciting things happen. I have been down here 3 months on the 7th of November and everything is pretty normal now. I´ll keep you posted.
Thanks for keeping in touch.
Te Quiero Much y Cuidate!
Serena de La Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment